CyanView is a startup manufacturing specialty camera control solutions for the worldwide broadcast market. Our team is building the next generation tools empowering broadcast operators to harness the full potential of mini and specialty cameras. Our systems will be used for creative angles on TV shows, concerts, sports from your local TV channels to the biggest global events such as the World Cup or Super Bowl.
We’re a fast moving, highly skilled but small team designing and building hardware-based systems using Agile and a continuous integration approach.
There is a common thread amongst all of us at CyanView and it’s our drive to create the best possible product and experience for our customers. We’re a startup that has gotten to where we are with hard work and a strong work ethic.
What we’re looking for:
You’re striving for excellence. Idealists. Inventors. Forever tinkering with products and processes, always on the lookout for better. Have a broad set of technical skills and are ready to take on some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on TV productions.
With so many ways to contribute here, chances are good you’ll find a way to do what you love. We need the best to create hardware and software that will power innovation at the heart of the most prestigious broadcast events.
We expect every team member to be a master of their craft. You’ll need to be able to work autonomously, and be willing to step up to lead teams and projects as we achieve our goals and make even more daring plans. But we also believe no startup can grow into a major company without each member taking the joys and challenges of being a united team seriously, so we have a lot of fun as well.
Embedded Design Engineer
We’re looking for an ambitious, responsible team-player and versatile Engineer to design and develop Embedded Electronics systems from research, prototyping to mass production. You know how firmware and drivers interact with hardware and how grounding and EMC are designed the right way. You will work with bus protocol interfaces, microcontrollers or embedded Linux based systems. This position will be part of a small, fast-moving team which also includes remote freelancers and sub-contractors.
- Research, design and develop highly reliable embedded electronics.
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- Part selection, schematic entry, layout supervision, timing and signal integrity review, power consumption estimations.
- Write detailed specifications for tasks handled by subcontractors.
- Manage PCB tools and libraries for component creation/checking/modification in conjunction with sub-contractors. Familiar with DFM, DFA, and DFT rule sets and implementation in layout design, constructing board stack-up, outline, placement, constraint setup, and routing best practices.
- Work with CAD and Contract Manufacturer to produce prototypes and production grade boards and apply state of the art industry standards, tools, and technologies.
- Validate and troubleshoot prototypes and production builds. Generate related reports.
- Design and implement firmware/software of embedded devices and systems, low level drivers, RTOS, UI.
- Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability and scalability of system resources.
- Guide development of hardware test procedures for manufacturing of new and existing hardware.
- Passion for prototyping and creating. Good understanding of hardware and software integration challenges.
- Circuit design experience with digital and analog circuits. Skilled with at least one electrical PCB design suite.
- Good knowledge of ARM Cortex microcontrollers and processors.
- Advanced experience with Real-Time operating systems.
- Working experience with peripheral interfaces, such as RS232, RS485, Ethernet, USB, I2C, SPI, LVDS.
- Practical experience with hardware testing, bench equipments such as oscilloscopes, logic analysers, “hands on” soldering and prototyping.
- Must enjoy working in a research setting and be highly self-driven to experiment with new technologies.
- Assess third party and open source software.
- Develop software in a UNIX environment using C, C++.
- Expertise in architecting embedded Linux systems.
- Expertise in interfacing with low-level peripherals using Linux (USB, Ethernet, CAN, PCIe,).
- FPGA design and programming, high-speed interfaces, 1GbE connectivity, video pipelines, image sensors.
What we offer:
- A multidisciplinary environment with challenging perspectives where your own ideas and experience will be embraced.
- An excellent working atmosphere in a highly-motivated and successful team with an international company culture
- The opportunity to work for an ambitious start-up that works in the heart of the most prestigious broadcast events.
- Flexible Hours, we don’t punch clocks and our reasoning is simple: act like a grownup, get treated like a grownup. Put in an honest day’s work and you can earn some flexibility for when and where you do it.
- A Competitive salary
- Hospital insurance
To apply, send your resume to email@example.com.